CCeD is a new concept.
This is one of the very few courses on this topic available anywhere!
This course presents a new approach to the process of e-learning design which is especially appropriate for distributed teams. It presents an intensive approach in which all stakeholders are involved in order to produce an appropriate e-learning product in as short a time as possible. One of the basic principles is that 'If you are not in the room, you are not in the project!' This approach has its roots in the concurrent design approach adopted by NASA in order to speed up the design process. It has been adapted by the staff in Trondheim for the production of e-learning materials and has already had great success in its face to face format with large companies such as Telenor and Statoil in Norway. The Trondheim group are now extending the concept so that it can be used by geographically distributed teams. The approach depends on a solid ICT base which enables communication, concurrent working and the storage of the final design document.
This is a short introduction to a new approach to e-learning design first pioneered by the Sør-Trøndelag University College, in Trondheim, Norway.
This course points the way to a quicker and more efficient way to design e-learning materials.
Why you should enroll in this course:
- You will be able to get new ideas about e-learning design by being introduced to the a new cutting edge development in e-learning design
- You will benefit from the experience of the teacher's involvement in CCeD
- You will discover an effective e-learning design approach for distributed teams
- You will be introduced to the theoretical outline and will also be presented with a live case study
What’s in the box:
- Two online classes, 1 hour each, one to explore the theory and one to explore the VITAE case study
- Access to the recordings of these classes
- Access to the presentation material used in the classes
- Technical support during the course
- Classes will be held 08:00 and 16:00, GMT+2, weekdays only
This course is ideal for anyone looking to be at the forefront of e-learning design.
- Where does CCeD come from? (the engineering world & NASA)
- What are the advantages of CCeD?
- What does the CCeD process look like?
- Detailed look at the 5 meetings of the execution phase
- Closer look at the design document, the main outcome of the CCeD process
- ICT tools that support the CCeD process
- Necessary infrastructure
- Differences between the face to face and online CCeD process
- Case study: Distributed CCeD – the VITAE course
Language of instruction: English